"Imagine being mentored by someone like Emma... there will be no stopping you!"
- Joel Bauer
Author, Speaker Trainer, Wealth Mentor
"The unflappable Emma Tiebens took me on when no one else would. Cut my learning curve tremendously and enhanced my marketing 3 fold in the process. Emma takes the confusion and the over whelm out for those... that are cutting their teeth, trying to cut a check as well, and helps people find their true voice & their Brand, in record time & helps you be authentic from the start. Always in that wonderful patient supportive voice of hers.... Thank you so much Emma in making me stand out in what I do! She invented Relational Marketing, didn't she??? She did, right...... ;-)"
It has been 7 days since I attended Money and You Program and I chose to be in “hibernation” mode. The effect for me was so deep that I really had to spend some time afterwards, not to take immediate action but to really detach myself from the noise so I can go more inward and address the emotions that were exposed during the process . Something profound happened to me at Money and You and I just know in my gut that my life will never be the same…
Many people have called, emailed and messaged me this past week, wanting to find out more about my experience. This post is precisely what I would have shared with you one on one. I usually have plenty to say about a specific experience but for the first time, I was tongue tied. Not to mention that I promised, together with my classmates, that we will preserve the sanctity of the principles and teachings from Money and You, just as the people who have gone before us have done. People who have now changed the face of humanity through this workshop. Since 1978, over 100,000 people from all over the world – for the past 37 years – including notable leaders like Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Jack Canfield, T Harv Ecker and many more billionaires, visionaries, philanthropists who are making a global difference.
(Group Photo Credit: Reggie Hailey)
What is Money and You? In my humble opinion, there are no words to describe Money and You because it is highly experiential. No one could have prepared me for it. I just showed up, participated fully and trusted in the process and the people running it. To use the words from Money and You’s website, here’s their answer to what Money and You is:
“Money & You® is a 3 1/2 day experiential process that will help you take small, simple steps that will have an enormous impact on your life. It is made up of approximately 60% games and interactive exercises, 25% debriefing the games, and 15% lectures. This is almost the reverse of many traditional educational systems – as that education doesn’t teach you how to really make money and be successful in life – all it teaches you is how to be a cog in the ‘machine.’
Based on a business that grew a US$25,000 investment into a US$60 million business in less than three years, the program encompasses the big picture of business, the science of learning from mistakes,Dr. R. Buckminster Fuller’sgeneralized principles, the difference between money and wealth, work on beliefs that support or inhibit your success, and finding your life’s purpose.” - Money and You
I have attended hundreds of events in the past 10 years and invested hundreds of thousands in Mentors, courses and seminars and I can verily say that there is nothing like Money and You in the personal and business development industry. I believe that this is where most of the information circulating out there in the personal and business development world came from and each of our over 100,000 graduates are doing something with the principles, whether they choose to do it privately or live their lives to share their discoveries with the world.
The principles were meticulously taught through hands-on games and exercises that seeped so deeply into our subconscious minds that results are inevitable. For me, it dug through my core so deeply and revealed things I thought I had already addressed and released but didn’t realized they were still there. Now, that I have the understanding of the principles, I know to be aware of when I am triggered and how I can turn that around to my highest and best and the highest and best of those around me.
1) Our beloved Founder Dame DC Cordova is beyond amazing! I am in awe of her commitment to serving humanity through this program and her vision is not small… It’s big and it’s global! She is able to help awaken and powerful collaborative group of people who are all aligned with social-consciousness in entrepreneurship and she was able to lovingly influenced global citizens to do something and make a tangible and palpable difference. Thank you for keeping our minds, hearts, spirits and tummies loved and nurtured before, during and after the event! Your attention to detail is impeccable and you made sure we had an abundance of food and beverages throughout the event!
2) Our Lead Trainer, Kerry Zurier and Co-Trainer, Andrew Barron were simply remarkable! They gave so much energy, wisdom and dedication to make sure that we are able to assimilate, digest and ultimately apply the principles to our own successes. Their meticulous delivery of the training left me in utter awe of how brilliant they are! They were very in tune with our deep seated fears, challenges and blocks and they showed compassion on all levels which resulted in many breakthroughs for all of us. What’s even more heartwarming was their reason for their commitment in what they do. It was clear that it was beyond money… Kerry said the reason she does this is to continue to create ripples of positive impact in many people’s lives. For Andrew, it was to be able to give everything he has – energy, experience, knowledge and LOVE in that short amount of time so we could create the same for others. Both of them inculcated in us to “Commit to the path of LOVE.”
3) The Logistics Team – comprised of Money and You past graduates and instructors, who demonstrated true love, care and commitment to us by showing up 100%, playing full on, being available for us and making sure that we got the most out of our experience. I didn’t get to meet all of them but from memory, I would like to honor and thank the following individuals: Eric Mowery, Jean De Traversay, Jeff Alexander, AR Ramesh Nambiar, Azeeza Jalaludeen, Eva Charlotte, Scott Bradley, Lori Waller, Paul Schumann, Patrick Carney, Jose Martinez, Rochelle Forest, Carol Dysart, Cherie Clark, Helice “Sparky” Bridges, Ann DeVere, Aggie Kobrin, Rhonda Cort, Dominique Ng and of course, the ever soooo amazing Audio/Visual Master – the man who was there to play the music, the videos, and capture precious moments on video and pictures, Reggie Hailey. These are beautiful people I have been so privileged to meet and watch in action. To those whose names I wasn’t able to mention, my heartfelt gratitude. Also a huge thank you to Peter Meisen, Director of Global Energy Network Institute – GENI for showing us possibilities. Oh and also a special thanks to Jane Bustin for all the pre-event coordination and support!
4) My dearest Friend, Access To Experts Executive Producer, Ann DeVere – for thinking of me and sharing Money and You with me. I had to rearrange my schedule and my resources to get there but I am so absolutely glad I listened to her.
5) My amazing classmates from all over the world – oh your faces come to mind right now as I write this… I can’t name all of you but you know how you are. Thank you for showing up and playing full on. Thank you for being there at the most perfect time to share our catharsis together. I truly honor each one of you for embracing your vulnerabilities and going through the processes anyway even if we had our own judgements and ambivalence in the beginning, we embraced the moments as they unfolded and we all agreed that the only way out was through! I love you all and I look forward to staying connected and celebrating our progresses no matter how seemingly small and trivial.
So, what did I learn from Money and You? There is no simple way to quantify everything I learned but I will share the things that organically come from my heart. As a result of Money and You:
1) I have a better understanding and implementation of the “7 Secrets to Success Formula”.
2) I got to know R. Buckminster “Bucky” Fuller and how he was able to bridge both science and spirit to effect humanity. Now I have become a student of Bucky and have now committed to studying and applying his teachings.
3) It validated and re-affirmed key principles I’ve always lived by but didn’t fully understand why they work but now I do – “There’s more than enough…” and “The present is always perfect…”
4) I realized that the word RESPONSIBILITY can be perverted and now I am aware of the difference on how I am treating it in my own life.
5) I understood that JUDGMENT of self and others creates most of the challenges in our lives and now I know when I am triggered and what I can do about it.
6) I was reminded that this world is not a You-Or-Me world – we can choose to make it a You-And-Me world. Money and You has expanded my network internationally at the blink of an eye and connected me with global influencers I wouldn’t have met otherwise. I am thrilled to meet my new “family” and collaborators from the USA, India, Singapore, Croatia and New Zealand!
7) It’s clearer to me that our ultimate life’s purpose need not be defined for us to move forward. We need to move forward first and then it gets revealed.
8) I loved discovering that on the D.I.S.C. Program, that I am an ultra high-I – Influencing – which was not a surprise to me, but I am also a high S – Steadiness – which is quite revelatory. Now I can utilize them both to serve the greater good.
9) I am no longer uncomfortable of allowing others to love and support me. I didn’t even realize I had a challenge with that and now I feel as though a new chapter just unfolded!
10) I have released many stories that I have made up about love, life, relationships and money, that don’t serve me anymore. They were there to protect me at certain times in my life but I am on to bigger and better things and I am choosing to let them go.
These are only 10 of the hundreds of lessons and principles I have learned in a very short 3 1/2 days, and I am trusting that those lessons have been deeply embedded within me that they will surface exactly at the most perfect time when I need them.
For now, if you’ve been hoping to create a drastic change in your life and feel as though you’re doing everything in your power to make that happen, then it’s by no coincidence that you’ve read this far. You were meant to hear about Money and You and it’s now a question of whether you will take action or choose to remain where you are. This is not a sales pitch. This is a plea from someone who has been there, whose life is forever changed by Money and You. You can decide to attend the next one on August 20-23, 2015 in San Diego, CA or you can choose to delay your results and wait till the next one in the US. Or you can plan on attending Money and You in China, India, New Zealand, Croatia and other countries. Whichever you choose, just decide and commit that you will do something. Click here for more information: www.MoneyandYou.com
For more pictures, please go to my Facebook page – www.Facebook.com/emmatiebens and scroll down to view my Photo Album Posts.
Until next time….
Here’s to your SUCCESS with SATISFACTION and SIGNIFICANCE!
A BEAUTIFUL HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2015 to you and the special women in your life! Did you know that International Women’s Day is now over 100 years old? It’s roots is traced back to Copenhagen, Denmark in 1911 and International Women’s Day (IWD) was honored the first time in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland and on March 19, 2011 more than one million women and men attended IWD rallies campaigning for women’s rights to work, vote, be trained, to hold public office and end discrimination. This year’s theme is “Make It Happen”!
From 1908, the Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU) in Great Britain adopted the color scheme of purple, white and green to symbolize the plight of the Suffragettes. Purple symbolized justice and dignity – two values strongly associated with women’s equality. The three colors were used for banners, flags, rosettes and badges to show solidarity. To this day, the color purple still represents this holiday, so here’s a beautiful purple rose for you…
We have certainly come a loooong way and as we celebrate this day let’s be mindful of the collective power we all have when we align with our desire to create a better world for ourselves, our families, our communities and our social media reach.
Let’s continue to make a difference locally and globally! Make everyday an International Women’s Day. Do your share to ensure that the future for our young women – our future generation – is bright, equal, safe and rewarding.
Grateful for you as you continue to allow me to serve and share my life’s purpose and passion, and I honor the men who love, respect, cherish, mentor and support you as well.
Here’s To Your SUCCESS with Satisfaction and Significance!
Bestselling Author, Speaker, Show Host, Brand Clarity
Creator of: “Magnetic and Memorable Branding Method”
Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Movie… If you have watched the Oscars, the words “And The Winner Is… ” are 4 words that leave people breathless!
It’s one of Hollywood’s most awaited night… the 87th Academy Awards, aka The Oscars. I am watching some of it on Livestream as I don’t own a TV but for the most part, I am excited to see the gowns and jewelry that are gracing the red carpet.
I have been to many red carpet events including the Grammy’s and high profile galas but for now, this is the closest I have gotten to the #Oscars for now but feeling optimistic and setting intentions that I will be invited next year! LOL! This photo was taken from another event hosted by the Meeting Professionals International – MPI at the Sheraton Gateway in Los Angeles.
While I am now very comfortable at red carpet events and expanding my circles of influence, I didn’t start that way. I was very shy, introverted and was terrified of connecting with people. That all changed when I discovered that whether I knew it or not, I had a personal brand and if I don’t tell people who I am, what I believe in, how I can serve them and why I do what I do, I would remain a “best-kept secret” – someone who has a vision but a vision that would never make a difference.
Today I am an outspoken advocate for “Monetize and Make Your Message Matter Through Your Magnetic and Memorable Brand”. My 6 Elements of Branding enables people to get crystal clear about their Unique Branding Message that they start stepping out of their boxes, on to their own red carpets of meaningful success! So much so that when you hear “And the winner is… ” you already know that you’re a winner of your own Oscar by simply being yourself!
I am speaking at the www.AscentExpo.com at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 1:00 pm, on “Magnetic and Memorable Branding” – I am inviting you to join me as well as some phenomenal Speakers! As one of their Speakers, I have a special VIP Code and link I can give to people who either ask me here or send me a Private Message. I am down to about 20 tickets now as I have already gifted them to family, friends and clients. Let me know ASAP… Happy Oscar Night! See you soon!!!
Christmas truly is my favorite time of the year! Having been an International Flight Attendant in my not-so-distant past, I have been blessed to experience Christmas traditions from all around the world. I was also born and raised in Manila, Philippines, yet I have lived in California for almost 26 years now. Amidst the festivities, the parties, the gifts and the songs of the season, one thing that we all do at Christmas is send our Christmas well-wishing to everyone. At this time of the year, if feels as though that there is more love and generosity in the air. The energy of reciprocity is high and the intention to give than to receive is strong and palpable. Re-living family traditions, going at great lengths to be with each other is truly a big deal.
My Christmas this year is quite different. I spent the past 5 days de-cluttering, organizing, donating and moving things around so I can create an environment that is comfortably luxurious. Like anything, “luxury” is rather objective but for my purpose, luxury simply means being able to create an environment that reminds one of abundance, beauty and harmony. I want to create an environment that’s less cluttered and chaotic. Being in an environment like that intensifies my inspiration and awareness of how magnificent God is – that we are always surrounded by an Divine energy that is literally granting our every wish, not only on Christmas but in our every waking moment!
Here’s something for you to think about. When you say, “Merry Christmas” to someone or “Happy Holidays”, do you really mean that or are you just used to saying it? Forget the fact that for the past few years, even just saying “Merry Christmas” has been made controversial for political incorrectness. I understand that there are certain situations when people must be mindful but for the most part, I simply choose to say, “Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays”. If they don’t practice Christmas, they usually reply with Happy Holidays. To be worried about offending people defeats the purpose and spirit of the season. It’s all about the intention. When I say Merry Christmas, I am aligned with my intention is to wish them more love, more joy and more peace in their hearts, regardless of race or religion.
The first step in making a wish or a dream come to life is to be specific about it and to write them down. Next is to make a commitment that you will live every waking moment with an awareness of and alignment to your wishes.
Every year I write 3 Christmas Wishes. These are the wishes that I wish for this year, extending to the next. Last year’s were:
1) CLARITY of Next Steps
2) PEACE of Mind and Heart, and
3) CONFIDENCE to take a leap of faith.
I’m happy to share that I achieved all of them this year! This morning, I was writing my Christmas wishes for myself I realized something. When you wish someone, a heartfelt holiday well-wishing, do you also wish the same for yourself? Have you thought about what you REALLY want for yourself, your family, your clients, your social media following and even strangers that you meet? If you haven’t done so, I believe it’s time for you to make it your annual tradition to create your Christmas Wishes. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, call it your Holiday Wishes. Some people don’t believe in wishes but I most certainly do. Wishes done with clarity, specificity, purposeful intention, action and a time frame have enabled civilizations to evolve and expand. Wishes are synonymous to intentions. Never underestimate the power of intention as it carries with it incredible momentum!
One of my favorite songs is a Disney Classic, “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”. I find myself singing this in the car or when I wake up in the morning. It’s my subconscious mind’s way to connect with the desires of my heart. If you don’t know this song, here are the words:
“A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you’re fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartache
Whatever you wish for you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you’re feeling small
Alone in the night you whisper
Thinking no one can hear you at all
You wake with the morning sunlight
To find fortune that is smiling on you
Don’t let your heart be filled with sorrow
For all you know tomorrow
The dream that you wish will come true
This year, I am creating a new tradition for my family. We are going to start writing our 3 Christmas wishes and put them on the tree so every year as a reminder of our commitment to our dreams and ourselves.
So what are your 3 Christmas Wishes this year? Please share them here and let’s create an intention to help each other make sure that we make our dreams and wishes alive and manifested by next Christmas! Here are my 3 wishes:
1) RELISH every waking moment
2) CHERISH myself and others
3) NOURISH my mind, body and spirit
Now it’s your turn… Please share your 3 wishes below and align yourself with the intention and inspired action to make your 3 Christmas wishes come true! Whether you’re surrounded by family or not, you’re really never alone if you know how to honor and love yourself. I have spent many Christmases all by myself and the reason I can confidently say this is because I know that Divine love is always with us – sustaining, nurturing and loving.
Wishing all of you, my Family and Friends across this beautiful planet, a heartfelt MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year 2015 filled with more MIRACLES, LOVE, WELL-BEING and SUCCESS with SATISFACTION and SIGNIFICANCE!
It’s Thanksgiving Day, 2014 – first time in 20+ years that I am not cooking a big feast and a 20+ lb turkey. This year has truly brought me lots of tears and fears but also lots of joy, clarity, courage and wins! I have forged new relationships and nurtured old ones. Relationships take a lot of work and it starts with this very critical piece – SELF-LOVE.
I am coming from a very confident, content and grateful place right now but it wasn’t long ago when I felt incapable, insecure and highly dependent on others to bring me joy and validation. As human beings we are here on this earth to feel as though we belong, so we seek an environment to thrive, to be nurtured, to be cherished. Anything that threatens that is not worthy of compromise even if that means not taking care of the one who matters the most, YOU. I have worked with many clients who are going through life and career transitions or business growth challenges and they share a common story. The success and happiness of their loved ones meant so much more than their desire for their own success and happiness. While that may sound noble and a representation of unconditional love, nothing could be farther from the truth.
I grew up being told, “It’s better to give than to receive.” I still believe that to this day… BUT, here’s the irony of that statement, how in the world can you give something you don’t have in the first place?”
How many parents have you heard say, “I am working hard, taking precious time away from you because this is for your future.” Tell that to a child who doesn’t understand and is craving that parent’s love NOW, not in the future.
If you’re a parent, how many times did you find yourself feeling unappreciated because you gave so much to your children and you really believed you were doing it for them and not for you?” Really, ask yourself, if you were doing it for them, does it really matter if they show appreciation or not? Expecting appreciation is a pat on our ego and is not a result of unconditional giving. Every time we expect others to behave and act a certain way, we are gearing up ourselves for disappointment because like Don Miguel Ruiz said in his book, The Four Agreements, “Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.”
When we love ourselves, there is no need for people pleasing. There is no need for validation. We do the things we do for the sheer enjoyment of loving and serving others. Having unrealistic expectations from others is a proverbial emotional trap. It’s the seat of all disappointments, anger, resentment and regret.
My 12-year old son already knew this at a very young age. Today he wrote this on his Instagram Post:
“Take the time to feel the earth to look within. When you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone. We should always be thankful for everything we have. Take a moment to contemplate what you are thankful for. Because truly this is the meaning of Thanksgiving…” – Garrett Tiebens
If you’re not used to loving yourself, it will take time but you will also enjoy the journey of rediscovering who you really are. As you seek, you shall find… It may take a bit longer for you to feel a tangible result but just that decision to do something about your new found awareness will give you a surge of inexplicable empowerment. It’s a very powerful experience and you will know it when you see people who haven’t seen you for years and they tell you, “Wow, you are bolder and happier than the last time we saw each other!”
How can you practice Self-Love daily? Simple – it starts with awareness and a commitment that you will be cognizant when you’re not loving yourself, particularly when you:
1) Get mad at yourself for failing to do things perfectly, for not saying the right things and when you fail to please people you so desperately want to please.
2) Don’t listen to your body, when you’re feeling really tired but you have to finish more tasks for other people.
3) Add more things to your to do list and that that list doesn’t include pampering yourself by getting a manicure, pedicure, facial or a massage.
4) Entertain nagging thoughts and worry in your head, that creates sleepless nights.
5) Get so stressed and so jumpy that you raise your voice to people around you without really meaning to.
6) Skip deep breathing, meditation and prayer to ground and center you and oxygenate your brain and the trillions of cells in your body, in order to take care of somebody else.
7) Expecting expressions of appreciation and gratitude from others whom you have served and helped.
8) Wallow in self-pity for something someone has done to you.
9) Hang on to the memory of hurtful resentment for offenses done to you in the past.
10) Regretting time lost for not having done things that you should have.
Awareness takes commitment that is seasoned with time. It starts with the commitment that you will do something each day to nurture your mind, your body and your spirit and you are going to LET GO of negative emotions, feelings and people that no longer serve you. That your joy is more important than anything or anyone else’s. You’re going to take time to walk barefoot on the grass, listen to more music, dance, move and connect with more people offline – face to face. There is a beautiful exchange of energy when you do that.
With the onset of social media, we all have become the media! We all have the ability to create our own platforms and our own brands. Whether you know it or not, if you are not consciously creating your own brand presence, other people will create it for you. They will always have a perception of you so you might as well make your brand presence, “Magnetic Memorable and TRUSTED” as that is a the basic foundation on how you will monetize your products, systems or service.
If you’ve been reading my blogs and social media content for the past 6 years now, you will notice that I rarely post about how disappointed or angry I was about someone or something. It was a choice I made early on that I was going to use social media as an expression for any of these 3 I’s:
In one way or another, you and I have shared in each others’ lives virtually or in person – through social media, through my thousands of videos, blog posts, social media posts, articles and TV, radio and magazine interviews. We are definitely connected and I am absolutely grateful for your presence in my life, which in itself is a present… a gift…
If you’ve read this far, this message is meant for you! I am amazed that this is already my 7th year in and around social media and through the years, I have truly connected with the most amazing people in the world who have truly transformed my life in so many ways and that includes YOU! Have a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving… Praying heaps of blessings to you and your families, now and always… Having an intimate, simple, low-key but very special Thanksgiving at home (but not without Champagne and Chambord! LOL!) So how are you spending today? Please Comment, Like, Subscribe and Share! Much LOVE and Virtual HUGS!